Essential oils are oils that are extracted from unique plant sources. At Solshine Yoga in New Bedford, Ma, we use certified therapeutic grade doTERRA Essential oils because they are the safest in the industry to consume. Right now, the FDA does not regulate the production of essential oils and has resulted in many brands labeling their oils as “100% pure” even though they may not be. When you choose doTERRA, you are choosing essential oils gently and carefully distilled from plants that have been patiently harvested at the perfect moment, in their native environment, by experienced growers from around the world for ideal extract composition and efficacy.
Essential Oils can be used aromatically, topically, and internally. They are highly effective and through the sense of smell (also called aromatherapy) can be used to shift emotions and moods. Topically (on the skin) and internally (taken via veggie capsule) they can be used to nourish and protect the body. When used daily, essential oils contribute to a happier more balanced and less toxic life. Essentially, Essential Oils could and should replace most of the medications in our medicine cabinet.
Everyone should start with the basic 8 essential oils you can mix together and incorporate in your everyday health. On Monday, September 17th at 6pm we are hosting a free Essential Oils 101 workshop and will go over the health benefits of each essential oil and how to use them for diffusing, taking capsules, and topical application on the skin. If you can’t make the workshop, Sarah also offers free one-on-one consultations, you can book by emailing us at email@example.com
Starter oils everyone should have:
- Peppermint – cooling, soothing, calming, antimicrobial, reduces gas/bloating, clears congestion
- Eucalyptus – anti-inflammatory, decongestant, deodorizes, antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulating
- Lemon – antibacterial, antifungal, used for cleansing the body and home
- Lavender – Calming, Relaxing, Refreshing + Cleansing, Promotes SLEEP
- Frankincense – Relieves chronic stress, depression, anxiety, reduces pain and inflammation and boosts immunity, AHMAZING for the skin
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree) – antiviral, antifungal, disinfectant, boosts immunity, heals wounds, improves blemishes and scars, topical use only
- Wild Orange – cleanses the body and home, brightens mood, relaxing, alleviates inflammation, anger, depression and anxiety. Increases libido, clears skin, disinfects wounds
- Oregano – POWERFUL cleanser, powerful antioxidants, strengthens the immune system, helps fight infections/viruses.